Aconcagua Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm based in Argentina, with a focus in Latin America. We do two to four investments a year exclusively on hi-tech projects with the potential to be developed as high-growth companies in global markets.
We prioritize growth potential, innovative and disruptive technologies, great people and rational business models over any specific sector; however, our main focus is in the following areas:
- Medical Devices
We are usually the first institutional investor in our portfolio companies, and as such, we engage actively with founders and managers to help them find and refine their business model, recruit the missing pieces of the team, complete product development and identify, plan and execute their entry strategies to their target markets.
These are the things that we look for in a company:
- Vision: the vision needs to be aligned with a model of local technology development and a global distribution strategy.
- Value Proposition: a precise and powerful value proposition for the end users of the products or services.
- Unique technology, products and services: we look for unique offerings that realize the value proposition with a clear differentiation based on innovation, originality and quality.
- Market size and potential: we invest in companies with a big enough market opportunity to be consistent with our expected returns; the market dynamics should be able to sustain extraordinary growth.
- Business model: clear ideas about the business model that lead the expected growth, implementable by the company under reasonable assumptions.
- Competitive landscape: a good understanding of quantity, quality and stage of development of products, services and technologies that can compete with the company in the forseeable future.
- Team: an extraordinary core team, with vision, experience, leadership and commitment, along with professional and personal values that will allow us to work closely with them to succeed.
- Exit strategy: exit to be realized in the US or any other major international market. Clear paths to liquidity by merger and acquisitions or a successful IPO.
- Return on investment: Aconcagua Ventures expects a 10X return on invested capital in a 5 years timeframe.